Top 10 Most Romantic Places To Visit In London
London is a city that is full of romantic opportunities with some great attractions. With its charming architecture, bustling streets, and vibrant atmosphere, London has so much to offer to couples looking to spend quality time together. So whether you are planning a honeymoon or a weekend break, London is the perfect destination for romance. This article will explore the top 10 sights to see on a romantic break in London don’t forget you can get free entrance to many of these attractions with the discount London Pass ticket available online.
The London Eye
The London Eye is one of the most iconic landmarks in London. This giant Ferris wheel offers stunning city views, and it’s a great way to see London from above. In addition, the London Eye provides a perfect opportunity for couples to enjoy a romantic gesture. Here are a few ideas:
- Propose: The London Eye is a popular spot for proposals, and for a good reason. With stunning city views and a private capsule for two, it’s the perfect setting for a romantic proposal.
- Champagne toast: Surprise your partner with a bottle of champagne and a toast to your love while taking in the stunning views of the city from the London Eye.
- Love letter: Write a love letter to your partner and read it to them while on the London Eye. The capsule’s peaceful and romantic atmosphere will enhance the letter’s emotional impact.
- Private dinner: Book a private capsule and have a candlelit dinner with your partner. Many companies offer private dinner packages on the London Eye, and it’s a unique and romantic way to enjoy a meal together.
- Play a game: Bring a deck of cards or a board game and play a game with your partner while taking in the breathtaking views of London. The peaceful and intimate atmosphere of the London Eye provides the perfect setting for a cosy game night with your loved one.
The Thames River Cruise
The Thames River Cruise is a great way to explore London’s famous river. You can book a private cruise for two and enjoy a romantic dinner while taking in the city’s sights. The Thames River Cruise is also a great way to see some of London’s most famous landmarks, such as the Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament. A Thames River Cruise is a romantic way to explore the city of London. Here are some romantic gestures that you could do on a Thames River Cruise:
- Sunset Cruise: Book a sunset Thames River Cruise and enjoy the romantic ambience while watching the sunset over the city. You can also have a romantic dinner on board with your partner while taking in the beautiful views of the city.
- Private Cruise: Book a private Thames River Cruise for two and enjoy the intimacy of the experience. You can hire a private boat with a captain and explore the city’s beautiful sights at your own pace.
- Champagne and chocolates: Surprise your partner with a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates during the Thames River Cruise. This is a perfect way to add a touch of romance to the cruise and show your partner how much you care.
- Romantic Music: Create a playlist of romantic songs and play them on the Thames River Cruise. This can set the mood for a romantic evening and make the experience even more special.
- Sunset Proposal: If you plan to propose to your partner, the Thames River Cruise can be a perfect setting. You can wait for the sunset and then get down on one knee while the beautiful sunset colours create the ideal backdrop for your proposal.
The Tower of London
The Tower of London is a historic castle on the River Thames’s north bank. It’s a great place to explore and learn about London’s rich royal history with your significant other. The Tower of London is home to the Crown Jewels, and you can even take a tour of the royal palace and see where some of the most famous monarchs in history lived its one of the most popular royal attractions in London.
St. Paul’s Cathedral
St. Paul’s Cathedral is a stunning cathedral in the heart of London. This historic church is known for its impressive dome, and it’s a great place to visit if you’re interested in architecture and history. St. Paul’s Cathedral is also a popular spot for weddings, so if you plan to tie the knot in London, this might be the perfect place.
The Shard is London’s tallest building, and it’s a great place to visit if you’re looking for a romantic view of the city. The Shard has several restaurants and bars, so you can enjoy a meal or a drink while taking in the stunning views of London from above.
The British Museum
The British Museum is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive museums. It’s home to a vast collection of artefacts and exhibits from all over the world. If you and your significant other are interested in history and culture, the British Museum is a must-visit destination in London.
Hyde Park is one of the largest parks in London, and it’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. You can take a romantic stroll through the park, have a picnic, or even rent a boat and take a ride on the Serpentine lake.
The National Gallery
The National Gallery is one of the most famous art museums in the world. It’s home to a vast collection of paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from some of the most famous artists in history. If you and your significant other are interested in art, the National Gallery is a must-visit destination in London.
Covent Garden is a bustling shopping and entertainment district located in the heart of London. It’s a great place to wander around and explore the shops, restaurants, and street performers. Covent Garden is also home to the Royal Opera House, so if you’re interested in the arts, this might be the perfect place to catch a show.
The West End
A romantic night in the West End of London can be a memorable experience. Here are some ideas for a perfect evening:
- Enjoy a pre-theatre dinner: The West End is home to many restaurants serving a variety of cuisines. Treat your loved one to a pre-theatre dinner at a cosy restaurant like The Ivy or J Sheekey.
- Watch a show: The West End is renowned for its world-class productions. There’s something for everyone, from musicals like Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera to plays like The Mousetrap. Enjoy the show with your loved one and create unforgettable memories.
- Take a stroll: After the show, take a stroll through the bustling streets of the West End. Admire the dazzling lights of Piccadilly Circus or the colourful displays of Covent Garden.
- Enjoy a drink at a rooftop bar: Many rooftop bars in the West End offer stunning views of the city. Sip on a cocktail at The Rooftop St. James or The Berkeley’s Blue Bar and take in the panoramic views of London’s skyline.
- Relax at a spa: End the evening by indulging in a couples massage or spa treatment at one of the West End’s luxurious spas like The Sanctuary or the Bulgari Hotel Spa.
A romantic night in the West End of London can be an unforgettable experience filled with fine dining, theatre, stunning views, and pampering. Of course, there are also some excellent romantic places to visit across the UK, which include Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge.
Staying in London and looking for things to do? Check out these London to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge Tours on offer… great way to see parts of the UK easily!
Adults: £135 Child: £126
An inner circle tour of Stonehenge and the UK…
Stonehenge Inner Circle Tour, Bath and Lacock Day Trip with Dinner
Adults: £102 Child: £99